Tuesday 1 July 2014

Week 3 Project: Tate Britain

We think you're going to love this week's project! We'd like you to choose a work of art on display at Tate Modern, or an artist whose work is on display, and prepare a short presentation (maximum 5 minutes). This mini-presentation will probably be given at the gallery rather than in the classroom, so probably best not to use Powerpoint unless you wish to do it on a tablet/iPad. We will confirm that later, but you can get started on the content asap as you'll need some time to research it.
Your art work/artist doesn't have to be British, but you do need to make sure it is at TATE MODERN, LONDON (there is also Tate Britain in a different building in Pimlico, also Tate Liverpool!)
Here is a link to the Tate Modern website, so you can browse the various art works there. You will find works by painters such as Monet, Kandinsky, Rothko, Jackson Pollock, photographers such as Robert Mapplethorpe and sculptors including Barbara Hepworth.
We'd also like you to read all the various posts that have been put up over the last week or so, and comment on a few of them.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona! I spent hours searching for British painters and I found one who I hadn't known yet, but I loved: John Tunnard. His paintings look like Miró's and have lively colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I don't know John Tunnard either, but I'm looking forward to seeing the picture with you tomorrow at the Tate Modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone!!

    I simply loved the experience of going to an art gallery and make a presentation of "The Three Dancers" of Picasso. I had never had the chance of doing it in my whole life...it will surely be an unforgettable experience for me!!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete