Monday 23 June 2014

Bath with The Lark Ascending


Hello everyone
Today I visited Bath, the old city that was built by Romans. I already knew Bath by means of Geoffrey Chaucer’s most important book The Canterbury Tales. In this book, there are many characters, but the most interesting is “the wife of Bath”, a widow who was married five times and who told the best tale.
City of Bath has wonderful landscapes, abbeys, squares and the “baths” built by Romans. When my classmates and I were walking along the old streets of Bath, I suddenly remembered Vaughan William’s pastoral The Lark Ascending. I cannot explain what is the specifically connection between the two realities. Maybe there is not real explication for this fact. But I think that The Lark Ascending is the best soundtrack for the bird’s singings, the different kinds of green of landscapes, the environment of abbeys, and the light green of water of baths.


  

3 comments:

  1. The Lark Ascending has been voted the nation's favourite piece of classical music in a survey carried out by Classic FM (a radio station devoted to classical music). If you're interested in finding out why so many Brits love it, click on this link:
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/22/lark-ascending-classic-fm-favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I did not know this piece of music until I read your post. Thanks for sharing good music. I agreed, it does reminds me of those beautiful birds and their singing whilst we walked around Bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring music!
    The article is really interesting!
    Lots of learning taking place!

    ReplyDelete