Saturday 21 June 2014

Pub, Why Not?

Hello, folks!

I'm very happy to share our experiences and thoughts here!


In my opinion, we're having a unique opportunity to live and share this experience in an amazing city. 

I've created this Post about 'Pubs' for three reasons:

1- I'm really surprised how the British people love the pub. We saw in class that almost 95% of the population regularly go to the pub during the week and at the weekend;

2- I love happy hours, hang out with friends, a good environment and also beers, and we can find all of those things in the pub;

3- I've been in amazing pubs here in this short time: Green Man, The Old Monk, The Magpies, Tia Maria, The J D Wetherspoon, The Ice Wharf, and others;


The pub culture here is really interesting, for example, a lot of people also go to the pub for a roast dinner on Sunday with their families, I can't imagine a family in Brazil going to the bar or a pub for a meal. Other interesting thing that I've learned is about the pub etiquette, that is also very important. It is a good idea when you are at the bar not to push front of people as there and jump the queue, in Brazil it's hard this situation happens because usually we don't need to pay at sight to buy your booze (drink).


Finally, if you haven't visited a pub yet, you should go and also invite me. So, late make a 'toast' to celebrate this amazing travel and city. Cheers!



4 comments:

  1. Cheers, Flavio! Great photo! You've picked up one of the most important "rules" of the English pub - the invisible queue! The barman always knows who was there first and will serve you eventually. Another useful tip is that if you are ordering Guinness, order it first as it takes a long time to pour, so the barman/woman can be sorting out your other drinks while you wait for your Guinness. You've tried Guinness, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, has anyone else got any good pubs you can recommend? The Princess Louise (on High Holborn on the way to Holborn tube) is nice, and the White Hart on Drury Lane is popular. I'd love to hear any other pubs you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Flavio! I´ll take into account your recommendations for the future. The first time I´´ve been to a pub it was not in London and I thought everything was a bit weird and "underground" (maybe because of severe winter). This last time on our second day here I went just for fun but could not drink alcohol, because I was on antibiotics. So none of the two attemps really count. I should try again. I don´t drink much, but I can break the rule for the occasion

    ReplyDelete