Tuesday 24 June 2014

Sandra Silva post: Three girls and a phone booth


My first time in London was in 1996, 3 days as a tourist. Doing everything too fast, I couldn’t realize the huge amount of  things to visit, to know about, to eat, and specially the variety of different  people from almost everywhere  living here! Definitely, getting to know a place requires much more than 3 days. I had never supposed to be here again, and this opportunity of studying and staying  for 4 weeks is really amazing! Sometimes when I’m walking back home, after a very special day, I look at the sky and I can’t believe I’m here, especially because it has been so blue as much as in Brazil. For sure, I would like to share one of my favorite  photos with my  new friends Lígia  and Adriana, taken in the very first day , standing by a phone booth as it is a London symbol . But, will it survive the mobile? What do you think?





Sandra Silva.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra - I'm so happy you're here on the blog! I love that photo, are you near the Houses of Parliament? Will it survive the mobile? Hmmm, not sure, although I really hope so. Superman needs somewhere to get changed when he visits London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, teacher Fiona, Sandra asked me to let you know that this picture is the one she chose for the "competition", ok.

      Delete
  2. Although mobiles are everywhere, London is not London without these friendly old red public telephones.

    ReplyDelete