Sunday 22 June 2014

When I first took the tube to go to school, I thought that would be too complicated for me. I even thought I wouldn't enjoy much of the city on my own because I could get lost. Well, the truth is that right after the first class finished I decided to walk around Oxford Street and LEARN how to use a map. In Brazil, when I'm in doubt about where I'm going to, I usually look it up on google maps before leaving my house because I haven't gotten a gps or a powerful cellphone to help me out in case I get lost. So I never have a map with me, but that's not the case here in London. I not only have a map of London, but also the transportation map, which is so valuable. Everything has changed since then. On my first day sightseeing, I could wander around and get back home safe before dinner! To be or not to be? That’s not a question for me anymore. I chose TO BE a real tourist. Every day I decide on a new path to feel and enjoy the city. Chech out what an amazing street performance I saw the other day:


2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, there's also a free app called Citymapper which helps you get around on foot or by public transport if you find yourself without a map...... Before long you'll find yourself walking around like a true Londoner :)

    ReplyDelete