Sunday 22 June 2014

Using the transportation system in London...what a big deal!!

One of the most outstanding things we heard about big cities is about the efficiency of all means of transportation. I believe you can really evaluate the level of development of a big city from this view. The tube in London is far from just an alternative to move around the city, it's an event itself. The only problem is: how complex this system is!! I felt like I was in the primary school learning the first steps about something "fussy", a big deal. But after getting lost with friends for so many times - it was part of a training, hehe - and because these situations made us laugh so much, I think I'm in love with the tube now, and I also love the double deckers and even the boats I saw on River Thames yesterday. Underground, overground, tube, cab, new words to put in practice when you visit this city. And don't forget about this tip: carry a map with you, find everything you need and enjoy whatever you may find.



2 comments:

  1. Haha, I think we Londoners take the tube for granted, you'll hear us complaining about it (especially when it gets so hot and stuffy in the summer!) but it's a good system. There's a free app called Citymapper which is really good for helping you find your way around on foot or on public transport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my Gosh!! Summer is now!! hehe, so I have the chance to listen to the complaints and learn how to do it as well, hehe. Yes, I absolutely agree it´s a great system, I hope we have something similar in Brazil one day. :D

      Delete