Saturday 21 June 2014

I think I saw The Queen!!!!

Today we went to Windsor to visit the city, see the castle etc… As soon as we arrived we found out that the Queen was actually there for an event, then, we went to see the castle. I don’t know what I expected, but it was not what I saw, it is so big and impressive that I felt like you was in a fairy tale. All the details that each king or queen has left to add his or her mark in their residence was also a surprise, because it shows how it’s not a museum, it’s their house. And the biggest surprise was that I was talking to a guide asking questions about the queen, that and that, and she said that the queen still worked very hard and that she would be leaving the castle at 1:30  pm to go to the event. At 1:30 we were still in the castle and a lot of people started to go to the window, and I remembered that the Queen would be leaving , I tried to look between people’s heads and I saw a glimpse of an old lady in light pink entering a car . So, what the odds, in my first visit to England, I think I saw the Queen.

Gilcéia

5 comments:

  1. Aaaaahhhh that's so exciting, Gil! So she was leaving by car rather than by helicopter with James Bond then? Did you see any corgis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't, There were other people from the royal family though, they they were all dressed up in coat tails, they were going to a horse race or something related. But it was far and I didn't recognize them. But it was really lucky to be there at that exact moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately for a moment I was out, I lot this opportunity to see a glance of the Royal Family very next to me. I was inside the castle visiting and appreciating all that luxurious things, when I left to some fresh air and some some movement. Well, that´s life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't see the Queen because I'm not tall enough :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before coming to London, I didn't know about the British History, but now I'm into it. It was very interesting to See the way people used to live, receive guests at home, for example, there so many rooms for the same person, one in which they used to sleep, another one in which they used to dress up, etc.

    ReplyDelete