Saturday 21 June 2014

What I didn't expect

Hello everybody,
 I’d like to talk about my experiences in my first visit to London. Everything has been really great, the course, the sightseeing, the hosts, the food, but I want to talk about things that caught my attention and I wasn’t expecting somehow. For example, people are really good at giving you directions, they stop to listen, they try to help as much as possible, even going out of their way to show you the best way go about. This shows how polite people are and how they respect tourists, I really liked it. Something I also didn’t expect is the high number of restaurants that serve natural and healthy food and how there are not so many people overweight as you see in other countries. This is also very positive and surprising as it goes against the tendency of eating junk food, which some countries as Brazil is following. That’s all for now, I’ll write again soon.

Gilcéia 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Gillcea,
    I couldn't agree more!
    Last wednesday Adriana and I were going to school by underground when a tall man holding a child tried to enter the train, but as it was very crowded he gave up in the last minute! As I was near the door I was surprised to see a little girl who was left behind when the doors closed! "My daddy, my daddy!" We asked her father's phone number to inform him we would get off at the next station and wait for him, but she told us he hadn't brought it! When we arrived at the next station we looked for somebody who could contact the previous station and explained to him what had happened. He was very calm and polite and did everything necessary to inform Evangelina's father. We four waited for her father and her sister for a few minutes and everything ended well! Everybody thanked us and we were told the next day was Evangelina's birthday! What an adventure for a ten-year-old-girl and for us of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it seems to me Londoners are very relaxed and don´t mind taking their time to explain patiently to any person where the places are and how to get there in more than one possible way. This makes the city very friendly and easygoing for the tourist, who needs some time to get used to so many maps, means of transportation and routes within the many train-tube-bus lines they have here. Today not only I could learn how to come back by foot to my homestay (in case I want it), but I was offered a bus ticket for free by a commuter. As I have my card for a month, I refused, but It was very kind from the girl who talked to me at the bus stop in Ealing.

    ReplyDelete